The Price is Right: The Barker Era is a channel airing on several TV platforms that was truly, nearly and dearly devoted to air nothing but the legendary Bob Barker version on The Price is Right 24/7.
On November 30, 2020, it was announced that both Pluto TV and Fremantle's Buzzr would team up to announce the launch of the brand new channel where it aimed at the much beloved and longest-running classic game show's heyday in the 1980s while celebrating Barker's hosting skills.
Additionally, you'll hear the voice (and seen in some brief cameo appearances) by the late and legendary Johnny Olson along with appearances by former TPIR models (or "Barker's Beauties") of Janice Pennington, Dian Parkinson, and Holly Hallstrom respectively.
On November 1, 2021, it was announced that Redbox had signed content deal with Fremantle to bring The Price is Right: The Barker Era to its service. The channel launched on Redbox, and also on Freevee (formerly IMDb TV) on December 1, 2021.
By the beginning of February 2022, the channel has been made available on Roku. In May 2022, Xumo added the channel to its service.
Starting from June 13, 2022, episodes are available on-demand on Pluto TV.
- The first episode to air on the channel originally aired on September 15, 1982 (#4583D), mostly known as the eighth episode of Season 11. As of June 5, 2022, the channel is airing episodes up to March 7, 1985 (#5634D).
- It's quite possible that his episodes from the first ten seasons in 1972 to 1982 where fur coats are being given away as prizes couldn't re-air all due respect to his serious animal activism.
- Episodes are shown with no edits aside from removing the ticket plugs, presumably since the address is no longer used for ticket requests. This practice are also used for Home Viewer Showcases and The Phone Home Game, and later Play-Along once episodes featuring them are reached.
- The channel's icon, a Plinko chip is shown onscreen during each episode in about the same position the CBS Eye graphic would be displayed during the 1990s and the early 2000s. The icon temporarily disappeared on February 2, 2022, then returned the next day.
- This was the era when Bob started phasing out his tradition of kissing every female guest.
Big Bucks Blowout
- Main article: The Price is Right: The Barker Era/Timeline
Official Facebook Page
Official Twitter Page
Watch Pluto's New Price is Right Channel and Pretend You're Taking a Sick Day Again
THE PRICE IS RIGHT: THE BARKER ERA Premieres on Pluto TV Dec. 1
'The Price is Right: The Bob Barker Era': Fremantle & Pluto TV Launched Channel Dedicated To Game Show's Heyday